9/18/08


Side Note: Since I've been saying "no" and "if you buy it" to my kids, we have not gone for "special" snacks after school. When I picked Chicka-Doodle up, she asked how much a shake and fries cost at her favorite diner. After telling her it would be about $7-$10, she thought seriously about the money it would cost...and she asked me to take her there. She asked if I could loan her the money until we got home, since she isn't allowed to take money to school. (of course!) Not only did she choose to spend her money on a shake and fries, she SHARED them both with me! (unsolicited, too!) While there, we saw an elderly woman eating alone - this breaks my heart - so, I asked to have her bill added to mine, and paid it before she had a chance to get to the register. I know it wasn't in my budget, but sometimes, putting a smile on someone's face - for just $12 - matters more than coloring inside the lines.

No comments: